Slider[Style1]

Style2

Style3[OneLeft]

Style3[OneRight]

Style4

Style5[ImagesOnly]

Style6

Finally, the horrid heat wave is over. fini. All the things I loved about October were evaporating in the July-like heat (one of my least favorite months), but now all is back to normal. Now I can direct you, dear reader, to my October gardening tips, and let you know about a frost date selector ( no, it won't let you select your own choice...just your area;). That way you are prepared for frosts which, though we know they are coming, just seem to sneak up on us.
frost date selector

I saw that Reader's Digest has a new garden book out, and it looks good. Always liked their books and have an old one from years past "Creative Gardening", but I think I'm due for a new resource book. That book was geared more for British gardens, although it had beautiful combination ideas (which is the main reason I bought it). Ortho was ok, but too basic- really useless for a mid-level gardener,imo.
***well, maybe not new- published in 2000,but new to me and it looked like a very fine book for my bookshelf!
Technorati Tags: ,

Blogroll Me!

About Ilona Erwin

Blogging since 2003, writing about a lifelong love of gardening since 1998, I am now surprised to find myself extending into photography and creating digital art! I find it hard to pick a favorite plant or style, I love them all.
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments:

Locally Grown






Basic Galvanized Watering Can Fountain

Delivered Fresh

Enter your email address:

Google+ Followers

Fine Print

All rights reserved to their respective authors : Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

Linking and using material attributed to the author is encouraged, ask for permission to use photos, please.

Privacy Policy|Disclosure Policy