Fine Summer Days Ilona Erwin Jul 1, 2004 No Comment


You couldn't ask for more beautiful weather than we've been having. It forced me, forced me I tell you, to go to buy all the flowers that I had decided against because the planting conditions had been so poor.

Then I worked till me bones ached and me back gave out.

As soon as I recovered...it was back to the nursery and green house for just a wee bit more.

==========
I put in about five Scabiosas because I like them so well. I am also trying a pale yellow one (ochroleuca). Finally got some Valerian -also called Jupiter's Beard, and have finally been weeding that front garden. Mostly, I put together container plantings. Nothing uniquely creative, I am sorry to say, but some pretty things.

The pond is home to some happy frogs. I counted four, they sit on the lily pads just like they are often pictured.

The zinnias came up nicely, but some of the other seed-grown flowers made a spotty show. I'm just glad to see flowers and sunshine.....

And blue skies...oh joy!

Now that the rains have abated it is time to buy mulch. I sheared the princess spireas, and have done a bit of judicious pruning of various shrubs such as the Viburnum tomentosum and the chaenomeles.

Been busy.

But not too busy to occasionally just sit in a chair in the sun sipping coffee and enjoying the birds and the scents and ... THE SUNSHINE!
by Ilona Erwin

A gardener, blogger, writer, who has been blogging here since 2004, and writing for my website, Ilona's Garden since 1998.

Follow me @ Twitter | Facebook | Google Plus

No Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on the blog. Your comments are very appreciated, and will be posted ASAP.

Green Garden Search



Locally Grown


Privacy,Etc

Privacy Policy|Disclosure Policy


+/-ToS

All rights reserved to their respective authors : Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

Linking and using material attributed to the author is encouraged, ask for permission to use photos, please.